Friday, October 16, 2009

starting my specimen


I am in Atlanta for this papermaking conference/meeting of the organization called the Friends of Dard Hunter.
I have met so many people in these two days. Oh yes, not just people, Papermakers!
This is the first ever conference I attended, too, and it ended up to be the right decision for me to make it as my first one. It is a delightful experience.

I am also staying at my dear friend/studio-mate, Mandy's relative's house for this trip.
They generously offered me to stay at their place, which is only 20min walk to the hotel, where everyone else is staying for the conference.

Tomorrow is my last day. I hope to tell more about my experience at the conference later.

I thought that this is maybe the right time for me to start something on the web ( I have been trying to set up my website for a year now). Something quick and easy...so this blog.

I hope to continue on as much as I can. And hope to keep in touch with people that I have met in this conference.

asa

*the image is from the hands-on workshop given by Steve Miller and the students from the University of Alabama: hand papermaking by using Alabama banana stalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment