Sunday, October 18, 2009

back to philly



I stopped by at Terminal T in Atlanta International Airport. My gate was at B Terminal but I really wanted to see this exhibition called Paper Runway, so I took the detour.

I left the meeting on Saturday evening to catch the flight back to Philadelphia. My WIP (work-in-progress) show is installing in a week, so needed to get back to studio as soon as possible.

Still felt my heart beating fast from the excitement in the meeting of FDH, it was nice seeing the show at the airport, ending my trip of papermaking festivities at Atlanta.

Everything was so inspiring at the meeting. The talk given by Erica Spitzer Rasmussen was about the history of paper garments in different culture, and it was very organized with lots of research. I felt grateful for being able to attend the talk and got lots of inspirations. Some of her work, the paper dresses/garments, were in this show at the airport.

Now I am back in the studio, going to pick up the paper for my book that I put in the drying box before leaving to the meeting. I feel my heart beating fast again, from the nervousness and excitement for the show coming up so soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment