Thursday, November 26, 2009

paper airplane in progress

This is the project I worked on throughout this semester. The title is Paper Airplanes. It is printed offset at the Borowsky Center in the University of the Arts.
There was an opportunity to donate this book to the collection at the arts library at Oberlin College, and the collection is exhibited together at the Free Library of Philadelphia now. The show is called Show and Bestow, things are organized by Alice Austin at the Library Company of Philadelphia. The collection is for her friend, who found out that her life will be cut short by cancer(from her description on this collection). At the reception this past Monday, we could handle some books that are in the display cases, and they are really an impressive collection of artists books.
My Paper Airplane could be a part of the collection, and it was pretty nice and I felt greatful... the fact I handed it to Alice right after the deadline because I just finished binding them and she just happened to be at the school....

I am in process of binding the 130 copies of this book together. The book comes with 6 post cards in the paper wrapper and I am selling it for $15... if anyone is interested, please contact me....

I am also printing the posters for upcoming book party in December! Before that, I am also participating Book Paper Scissors at the Free Library of Philadelphia, which is kind of art/craft/book fair. I will get a table with friends and sell some small good things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment